TRANSACTIONS & ENGAGEMENTS
Mergers & Acquisitions Transactions
- The owners of an $8 million manufacturer of metal tubular products were not comfortable with the investment requirements necessary to continue the growth of the company. We found a strategic buyer with appropriate resources and management commitment and arranged the sale within a very tight timeframe.
- A manufacturer of specialty thermoplastic hose products with revenues of $8.5 million was growing rapidly with a 50% increase projected for the succeeding financial year. The owners had achieved their plan for the business and desired to exit. A strategic buyer was located and we negotiated a transaction that met all of the requirements of our client.
- The owners of a $10 million specialty chemicals business wanted to retire but did not want to jeopardize the futures of their employees. Through a careful marketing and selection process we negotiated a transaction with a buyer who met the owner’s criteria.
- A $9 million manufacturer of metal alloy products was experiencing explosive growth which the owner was unable to support. His preferred exit strategy was to be able to sell the business to a buyer with necessary financial and management resources but still remain involved in a technical role. We identified a small investor group who bought the business and kept the former owner on as their Chief Development Engineer.
Strategic Advisory Engagements
- A $15 million sales specialty metal fabrication company related to the steel manufacturing industry needed help evaluating an opportunity to purchase a European competitor. We helped the business owner assess the opportunity, strategic advantages and integration risks.
- The owner of a mid-size building products business desired help designing a longer term exit strategy. We confirmed enterprise value and modeled different options determined that a management buyout would yield the highest value and least risk to the seller. We introduced expert ESOP and 401(k) plan specialists from our network to design a tax-efficient strategy to shorten the buyout time frame.
- The owner of a small home medical products distribution company needed help managing the sale/merger of his business with multiple, larger companies in his industry. We helped successfully negotiate this complex transaction, including the purchase agreement, long term employment contract, non-compete terms, share redemption and reimbursement of merger expenses.
- An environmental products manufacturing company needed help increasing enterprise value and providing liquidity for shareholders. We educated the owners on strategies to increase shareholder value, and developed action plan to implement. We improved financial reporting systems and introduced a CPA from our network that found significant tax savings.